Today’s post serves as a reminder that with the changing seasons, comes routine cleaning. I have compiled a list of the best tips for cleaning your makeup brushes. The criteria I used to determine the recommendations were products that received the best reviews on multiple sites and the top tips from the beauty industries most successful bloggers. The top tip is to clean your brushes once a month.
1. Wet the brush with warm water, and be careful to not immerse the base of the brush under water.
2. Place a pea size amount of cleanser into a small dish and swirl the brush around.
3. Rinse with warm water.
4. Disinfect. Make a vinegar mixture by placing a small amount of vinegar and 2x water in a small dish and swirl the brush hairs around.
4. Gently squeeze water and vinegar from the bristles.
5. Use a lint-free clothe to remove additional moisture.